Certain features, products, or software that you purchase or download from the WTA Sites may be subject to additional terms and conditions presented to you at the time that you use, purchase, or download them. And when you decide to enter a contest or sweepstakes, we present the terms and conditions for the contest or sweepstakes to you. In addition, some areas of the WTA Sites are provided by our third-party partners and are subject to separate terms and conditions of use, which are posted within those areas.
Rules of Conduct
There are a few rules of conduct that you are required to follow when you use the WTA Sites. You must not:
- "harvest" (or collect) information from the WTA Sites using an automated software tool or manually on a mass basis (unless we have given you separate written permission to do so). This includes, for example, information about other users of the WTA Sites and information about the offerings, products, services, and promotions available on the WTA Sites.
- use automated means to access the WTA Sites or gain unauthorized access to the WTA Sites or to any account or computer system connected to the WTA Sites. This prohibition does not apply to search engines accessing the WTA Sites solely for web indexing purposes.
- "stream catch" (download, store, or transmit copies of streamed content).
- obtain, or attempt to obtain, access to areas of the WTA Sites or our systems that are not intended for access by you.
- "flood" the WTA Sites with requests or otherwise overburden, disrupt, or harm the WTA Sites or their systems.
- circumvent or reverse engineer the WTA Sites or their systems.
- restrict or inhibit another user or users from using and enjoying the WTA Sites.
- manipulate or forge identifiers in order to disguise the origin of any information posted on the WTA Sites or otherwise provided to us or our employees.
- impersonate any person, including but not limited to other users or our employees.
- If you post something to the WTA Sites, such as comments or other content, do not post anything that:
- infringes any third-party intellectual property right (such as copyrights),
- is defamatory (i.e., something that is negative and untrue about another person or entity),
- divulges another person's or entity's confidential or private information or trade secret,
- is fraudulent, unlawful, threatening, harassing, abusive, obscene, or discriminatory,
- encourages criminal conduct,
- advertises or solicits business for products or services other than those that are offered and promoted on the WTA Sites, or
- contains any virus, malware, spyware, or other harmful content or code.
You also must comply with all applicable laws, rules, regulations, and contractual obligations when you use the WTA Sites.
Ownership of Site Content and Submissions
If you submit or post any materials, text, images, video, or content (collectively, “User Content”) to the WTA Sites (including, without limitation, by posting to or tagging WTA’s social media sites or by using a WTA-designated hashtag (e.g., #WTA)), you grant WTA and our affiliates a perpetual, non-exclusive, irrevocable, fully-paid, royalty-free, sublicenseable, and transferable worldwide license to use, display, print, publish, translate, edit, modify, create derivative works from, combine with other content, and otherwise exploit the User Content, in any and all media for any purpose, including advertising and promotion, without notice, attribution, payment, or consideration. Furthermore, you grant WTA the right to identify you as the author of any of your User Content by name, email address, username, or account name, as WTA deems appropriate.
You certify that you own or otherwise have the right to post the User Content. You also certify that you are the original author or creator of the User Content, and it has not been copied, recreated, reproduced, previously published, derived from or otherwise taken in whole or in part from any other work. Furthermore, you certify that you have all necessary permissions from anyone identified or depicted in the User Content to agree to these terms, and that the WTA's use of your User Content in accordance with these terms will not violate or infringe upon anyone else's rights, including intellectual property, privacy, or publicity rights of any third party.
Please do not send us your ideas for our business. We are always thinking and creating, and we may have similar ideas of our own. To avoid any disputes between us relating to ideas that you have submitted to us, you agree that if you send us your ideas, you are giving us the right to use them and you waive and release us from claims that we have used your ideas without your permission.?
Responsibility for Public Postings and Content
Responsibility for what is posted in public areas of the WTA Sites lies with each user - you alone are responsible for the material you post or otherwise make available in public areas of the WTA Sites. You alone are responsible for assessing the credibility of other user postings. We do not control the material that you or others may post or otherwise make available in such areas, and you understand that we have no obligation to monitor any such material or to edit or delete it. However, we reserve the right do so. We are not a publisher of user posts, and we are not responsible for their accuracy or legality.
Site Registration and Log In
To access certain features or areas of the WTA Sites, you may be required to register and log in using your username and password, and provide personal and/or demographic information as part of the registration process.
You agree to provide true, accurate, current, and complete information about yourself as prompted by the applicable registration or log-in form, and you are responsible for keeping such information up-to-date (this includes your contact information so that we can reliably contact you). The information you submit must describe you (you may not impersonate another person or entity), and you may not sell, share, or otherwise transfer your account information.
You are responsible for all activity occurring when a WTA Site is accessed through your account, whether authorized by you or not. Therefore, if you create an account, be sure to protect the confidentiality of your account username and password. We are not liable for any loss or damage arising from your failure to protect your password or account information.
The communications between you and us via the WTA Sites use electronic means, whether you visit the WTA Sites or send us an email or we post notices on the WTA Sites or communicate with you via email. For contractual purposes, you consent to receive communications from us in an electronic form, and you agree that all terms and conditions, agreements, notices, disclosures, and other communications that we provide to you electronically satisfy any legal requirement that such communications would satisfy if it were in writing. The foregoing does not affect your non-waivable rights.?
Copyright Infringement Notices
If you are a copyright owner who believes in good faith that your copyrighted material has been reproduced, posted, or distributed on the WTA Sites in a manner that constitutes copyright infringement, please inform our designated copyright agent by sending written notice by U.S. Mail or email to:
WTA Tour, Inc.
Attn: Legal Department
100 Second Avenue S., Suite 1100-S
St. Petersburg, FL 33701 USA
Please include the following information in your written notice:
- a detailed description of the copyrighted work that is allegedly infringed upon;
- a description of the location of the allegedly infringing material on the WTA Sites;
- your contact information, including your address, telephone number, and, if available, email address;
- a statement by you indicating that you have a good-faith belief that the allegedly infringing use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law;
- a statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, affirming that the information in your notice is accurate and that you are authorized to act on the copyright owner's behalf; and
- an electronic or physical signature of the copyright owner or someone authorized on the owner's behalf to assert infringement of copyright and to submit the statement.
We have a policy of terminating the WTA Sites’ usage privileges of users who are repeat infringers of intellectual property rights.?
Changes to the WTA Sites
We reserve the right to make changes to, or to suspend or discontinue (temporarily or permanently), any WTA Site or any portion of a WTA Site. You agree that we will not be liable to you or to any third party for any such modification, suspension, or discontinuance.
Suspension or Termination of Access
We welcome links to the WTA Sites so long as: (1) the WTA Site opens in a new browser window that displays the full version of a page of the WTA Site (e.g., not merely one of its frames, and not an "in-line" link to a particular image or object on the WTA Site), (2) the link to the WTA Site does not state or imply any sponsorship of your website or service by us or by the WTA Site; and (3) the WTA Site is not display framed within or obfuscated by other content. You may not use on your website any trademarks, service marks, or copyrighted materials appearing on the WTA Sites, including but not limited to any logos, without our express written consent. We reserve the right to revoke your right to link to the WTA Sites upon notice. If you receive such a notice from us, you agree to discontinue your link to the WTA Sites.
We control and operate the WTA Sites from our facilities in the United States of America, and unless otherwise specified, the materials displayed on the WTA Sites are presented solely for the purpose of promoting products and services available in the United States, its territories, possessions, and protectorates. We do not represent that materials on the WTA Sites are appropriate or available for use in other locations. If you choose to access the WTA Sites from other locations, you are responsible for compliance with local laws, if and to the extent local laws are applicable.
Applicable Law; No Waiver; Severability
Binding Individual Arbitration?
- Purpose. The term “Dispute” means any dispute, claim, or controversy between you and us or any of our affiliates regarding the WTA Sites or any service thereon, whether based in contract, statute, regulation, ordinance, tort (including but not limited to fraud, misrepresentation, fraudulent inducement, or negligence), or any other legal or equitable theory, and includes the validity, enforceability, or scope of this Binding Individual Arbitration Section (with the exception of the enforceability of the Class Action Waiver clause below). “Dispute” is to be given the broadest possible meaning that will be enforced. If you have a Dispute with us or any affiliate of ours or any of our or their officers, directors, employees, contractors, or agents that cannot be resolved through negotiation within the time frame described in the Notice of Dispute clause below, other than those matters listed in the Exclusions from Arbitration clause, you and the entity with which you have a Dispute agree to seek resolution of the Dispute only through arbitration of that Dispute in accordance with the terms of this Binding Individual Arbitration Section and not to litigate any Dispute in court. Arbitration means that the Dispute will be resolved by a neutral arbitrator instead of in court by a judge or jury.
- Exclusions from Arbitration. YOU AND US AND OUR AFFILIATES AGREE THAT ANY CLAIM FILED BY YOU OR BY US OR OUR AFFILIATE IN SMALL CLAIMS COURT ARE NOT SUBJECT TO THE ARBITRATION TERMS CONTAINED IN THIS SECTION.
- Notice of Dispute. IF YOU HAVE A DISPUTE WITH US OR ANY OF OUR AFFILIATES, YOU MUST SEND WRITTEN NOTICE TO WTA TOUR, INC., ATTN: LEGAL DEPARTMENT, 100 2ND AVENUE S., SUITE 1100-S, ST. PETERSBURG, FL 33701 USA TO GIVE US OR OUR AFFILIATE WITH WHICH YOU HAVE A DISPUTE THE OPPORTUNITY TO RESOLVE THE DISPUTE INFORMALLY THROUGH NEGOTIATION. You agree to negotiate resolution of the Dispute in good faith for no less than 60 days after you provide notice of the Dispute. If we or our affiliate with which you have a Dispute does not resolve your Dispute within 60 days from receipt of notice of the Dispute, you, us, or our affiliate with which you have a Dispute may pursue your claim in arbitration pursuant to the terms in this Binding Individual Arbitration Section.
- Class Action Waiver. ANY DISPUTE RESOLUTION PROCEEDINGS, WHETHER IN ARBITRATION OR COURT, WILL BE CONDUCTED ONLY ON AN INDIVIDUAL BASIS AND NOT IN A CLASS OR REPRESENTATIVE ACTION OR AS A NAMED OR UNNAMED MEMBER IN A CLASS, CONSOLIDATED, REPRESENTATIVE, OR PRIVATE ATTORNEY GENERAL LEGAL ACTION, UNLESS BOTH YOU AND THE ENTITY WITH WHICH YOU HAVE A DISPUTE SPECIFICALLY AGREE TO DO SO IN WRITING FOLLOWING INITIATION OF THE ARBITRATION.
- Initiation of Arbitration Proceeding/Selection of Arbitrator. If you or the entity with which you have a Dispute elect to resolve your Dispute through arbitration, the party initiating the arbitration proceeding may initiate it with the American Arbitration Association (“AAA”), www.adr.org, or JAMS www.jamsadr.com. The terms of this Section govern in the event they conflict with the rules of the arbitration organization selected by the parties.
- Arbitration Procedures. Because the software and/or service provided to you by the entity with which you have a Dispute concern interstate commerce, the Federal Arbitration Act (“FAA”) governs the arbitrability of all Disputes. However, applicable federal or state law also may apply to the substance of any Disputes. For claims of less than $75,000, the AAA’s Supplementary Procedures for Consumer-Related Disputes (“Supplementary Procedures”) shall apply including the schedule of arbitration fees set forth in Section C-8 of the Supplementary Procedures; for claims over $75,000, the AAA’s Commercial Arbitration Rules and relevant fee schedules for non-class action proceedings shall apply. The AAA rules are available at www.adr.org or by calling 1-800-778-7879. Further, if your claims do not exceed $75,000 and you provided notice to and negotiated in good faith with the entity with which you had a Dispute as described above, if the arbitrator finds that you are the prevailing party in the arbitration, you will be entitled to recover reasonable attorneys’ fees and costs as determined by the arbitrator, in addition to any rights to recover the same under controlling state or federal law afforded to the entity with which you have a Dispute or you. The arbitrator will make any award in writing but need not provide a statement of reasons unless requested by a party. Such award will be binding and final, except for any right of appeal provided by the FAA, and may be entered in any court having jurisdiction over the parties for purposes of enforcement.
- Location of Arbitration. You or the entity with which you have a Dispute may initiate arbitration in either New York County, New York or the county in which you reside. In the event that you select the county of your residence, the entity with which you have a Dispute may transfer the arbitration to New York County, New York if it agrees to pay any additional fees or costs you incur as a result of the change in location as determined by the arbitrator.
- Severability. If any term or clause within this Binding Individual Arbitration Section is found to be illegal or unenforceable, then that term or clause will be severed from this Binding Individual Arbitration Section, and the remainder of this Binding Individual Arbitration Section will be given full force and effect.
Disclaimer of Warranties
THE WTA SITES AND THEIR CONTENT AND SERVICES ARE PROVIDED FOR ENTERTAINMENT AND PROMOTIONAL PURPOSES. WE PROVIDE THE WTA SITES ON AN "AS IS" AND "AS AVAILABLE" BASIS, WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED (INCLUDING WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR ANY PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT). WE MAKE NO PROMISES THAT:
- THE WTA SITES WILL BE AVAILABLE AT ANY PARTICULAR TIME,
- THE WTA SITES WILL MEET ANY PARTICULAR REQUIREMENTS OR PROVIDE ANY PARTICULAR RESULTS,
- THE INFORMATION ON THE WTA SITES WILL BE ACCURATE OR UP-TO-DATE,
- THE WTA SITES OR THE INFORMATION TRANSMITTED TO OR FROM THE WTA SITES OR STORED ON THE WTA SITES WILL BE SECURE FROM UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS,
- INFORMATION AND MATERIALS THAT YOU STORE IN YOUR ACCOUNT OR ON THE WTA SITES WILL REMAIN RETREIVABLE AND UNCORRUPTED (UNLESS WE PROMISE THIS IN A SEPARATE AGREEMENT WITH YOU), OR
- THE WTA SITES WILL BE UNITERRUPTED, ERROR-FREE, OR FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS, OR THAT DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED.
WE LIKEWISE MAKE NO WARRANTIES OR REPRESENTATIONS REGARDING ANY PRODUCTS OR SERVICES ORDERED OR PROVIDED VIA THE WTA SITES. ANY PRODUCTS AND SERVICES ORDERED OR PROVIDED VIA THE WTA SITES ARE PROVIDED "AS IS", EXCEPT TO THE EXTENT, IF AT ALL, OTHERWISE SET FORTH IN A SEPARATE AGREEMENT ENTERED INTO BETWEEN YOU AND US OR BETWEEN YOU AND A THIRD PARTY.?
IF YOU PURCHASE A PRODUCT OR SERVICE FROM A THIRD PARTY AFTER FOLLOWING AN AD OR LINK ON THE WTA SITES, THE TERMS OF SALE FOR YOUR PURCHASE ARE BETWEEN YOU AND THE THIRD PARTY FROM WHOM YOU MADE THE PURCHASE. WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR SUCH THIRD PARTY PRODUCTS OR SERVICES OR FOR DISPUTES BETWEEN YOU AND THEIR SELLERS.
YOU AGREE THAT USE OF THE WTA SITES IS AT YOUR OWN RISK. ALTHOUGH WE TRY TO ENSURE THAT THE INFORMATION POSTED ON THE WTA SITES IS ACCURATE AND UP-TO-DATE, WE RESERVE THE RIGHT TO CHANGE OR MAKE CORRECTIONS TO ANY OF THE INFORMATION (INCLUDING PRICING) AT ANY TIME. WE CANNOT, AND DO NOT, GUARANTEE THE CORRECTNESS, TIMELINESS, PRECISION, THOROUGHNESS, OR COMPLETENESS OF ANY OF THE INFORMATION AVAILABLE ON THE WTA SITES, NOR WILL WE BE LIABLE FOR ANY INACCURACY OR OMISSION CONCERNING ANY OF THE INFORMATION PROVIDED ON THE WTA SITES. NO ADVICE, RESULTS, OR INFORMATION, WHETHER ORAL OR WRITTEN, OBTAINED BY YOU FROM US OR THROUGH THE WTA SITES SHALL CREATE ANY WARRANTY NOT EXPRESSLY MADE HEREIN. WE HEREBY DISCLAIM, AND YOU HEREBY WAIVE, ANY AND ALL WARRANTIES AND REPRESENTATIONS MADE IN PRODUCT OR SERVICES LITERATURE, FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS DOCUMENTS, SUPPORT DOCUMENTATION, BY OUR CUSTOMER SERVICE AND SUPPORT AGENTS, AND OTHERWISE ON THE WTA SITES OR IN CORRESPONDENCE WITH US OR OUR AGENTS. WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY USER CONTENT, INFORMATION, OR MATERIALS POSTED TO THE WTA SITES BY USERS, NOR FOR DISPUTES BETWEEN USERS OR BETWEEN USERS AND THIRD PARTIES.
THESE DISCLAIMERS APPLY TO US, OUR MEMBERS, AND OUR AFFILIATED AND RELATED COMPANIES AS WELL AS THIRD PARTIES THAT ARE INVOLVED IN THE CREATION, PRODUCTION, OR DISTRIBUTION OF THE WTA SITES, AND ANY OF THEIR EMPLOYEES AND AGENTS.
Limitations of Liability
IN NO EVENT WILL WTA, OUR MEMBERS, OR ANY OF OUR AFFILIATES, OR ANY OF OUR OR THEIR DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, OR CONTENT OR SERVICE PROVIDERS, BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES) ARISING FROM, OR DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY RELATED TO, THE USE OF, OR THE INABILITY TO USE, THE WTA SITES (OR THE CONTENT, MATERIALS, AND FUNCTIONS PROVIDED AS PART OF THE WTA SITES), WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, NEGLIGENCE, OR STRICT LIABILITY, EVEN IF WE KNEW, SHOULD HAVE KNOWN, OR HAD BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. NOTWITHSTANDING AND WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, YOU AGREE THAT OUR LIABILITY AND THE LIABILITY OF OUR AFFILIATES AND OF ANY OF OUR OR THEIR DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, OR CONTENT OR SERVICE PROVIDERS, IF ANY, ARISING OUT OF ANY KIND OF LEGAL CLAIM IN ANY WAY RELATING TO THE USE OF THE WTA SITES WILL NOT EXCEED THE AMOUNT YOU HAVE ACTUALLY PAID TO US, IF ANY, FOR USE OF THE WTA SITES, OR, IF APPLICABLE, FOR USE OF THE SPECIFIC SITE FEATURE OR SERVICE FROM WHICH THE CLAIM IN QUESTION FIRST AROSE. BECAUSE SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF CERTAIN CATEGORIES OF DAMAGES, THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. IN SUCH STATES, OUR LIABILITY AND THE LIABILITY OF OUR AFFILIATES AND OUR AND THEIR DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, OR CONTENT OR SERVICE PROVIDERS IS LIMITED TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY SUCH STATE LAW.
Notice to California Consumers
Under California Civil Code Section 1789.3, California users of the WTA Sites receive the following specific consumer rights notice: The Complaint Assistance Unit of the Division of Consumer Services of the California Department of Consumer Affairs may be contacted in writing at 1020 N Street, #501, Sacramento, California 95814, or by telephone at 1-916-445-1254.?
Last Updated: April 06, 2020